Dude eat your doodhi
LAUKI FENNEL SABZI
Are you a secret lauki eater? Or a lauki hater? Either way, by now you must have realised that lauki is actually good for you. Its full of fiber, its alkaline, it helps to flush out water from your body, helps in digestion (it has both soluble and non soluble fiber) and is an excellent choice for those on a diet, since 100 gms of lauki contain only 12 calories! It contains vitamins C and B and contains some iron, zinc, magnesium and potassium as well. Try out this recipe for an absoluto fabulouso dish.
- 250 grams lauki
- 3 medium tomatoes
- 2 to 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 ½ tsp fennel seeds
- 1 ½ tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp haldi
- 1 green chilli chopped fine
- Salt to taste
- Red Chilli powder to taste
- Chopped green coriander to garnish
- Wash the tomatoes and chop them fine.
- Keep aside.
- Crush the garlic cloves.
- Wash the lauki well and without peeling it, chop it into bite sized pieces.
- Place them immediately in water so they do not turn black.
- Heat a non stick pan and sauté the cumin seeds till they are cooked.
- Now add the tomatoes, fennel and the garlic, cover and cook till the tomatoes have softened.
- Add all the dry masalas, the lauki and the green chilli, cover and cook till the lauki has softened. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.