Oats, oats and more oats
OATS AND FRUIT MEDLEY
Have you been told by your doctor to have oats because your cholesterol is high? Are you tired of having oats for breakfast every morning, noon and night in the form of porridge? Well fret not, here is a healthy recipe to make you eat your oats and your daily fruit serving too.
- 1 peach
- 1 apple
- 1 cheekoo
- 1 banana
- 1 small musk melon
- 1 cup whole oats (not quick cooking oats)
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice
- Pepper freshly ground, a pinch
- 1 teaspoon chaat masala
- Wash and chop the fruits into large pieces.
- Only peel the banana before chopping it.
- The skin of the peach and apple is full of antioxidants and you must eat it.
- Add all the fruits into a large bowl and add the chaat masala, pepper and lemon juice over them.
- Toss well so as to coat all the pieces with the lemon juice.
- The banana and apple will not discolor now. Add the oats and again toss everything well.
- Eat immediately so as to retain the crunchiness of the oats.